Now I'm not saying I'm blessed with a skinny skinny waistline! I have always had a little curves but I never felt I looked overweight just maybe "soft" in areas. I have always loved to try to be fit and be active. Growing up the only girl sibling and a very active mom and dad I grew to love being outdoors and playing sports. Being fit is more of a lifestyle than a chore for me. But I do have my weakness's and well just plainly said I LOVE FOOD! hahaha So I was mortified to find out that I m currently suffering from a weakened gallbladder.
Several months ago I started feeling nauseated from time to time but didn't know why. Now nausea is not very unusual for me because I get car sick all the time but this was different. Slowly I began to learn that it was after I ate heavy meals I would get a little sick. I would try drinking apple cider vinegar occasionally and adding it to my water but it was only a temporary fix. Recently this year Eric and I went out to Virginia and North Carolina to visit family. I ate like crazy of course! Trying all new kinds of foods and many fried food goodness. The whole vacation I was very nauseated thinking well I guess it must be acid reflux or all the fatty food. Well come to find out that eating the fatty food wasn't the entire problem, it was my gallbladder! Ugghhh sadness. I know its ridiculous how much a girl can love food. I guess im a food addict lol
But my gallbladder doesn't produce enough bile to break down foods especially heavy or fatty ones.
After a very painful and yucky attack a couple weeks ago I went to my family doctor and tried to figure out whats wrong. After many tests and waiting, a hida scan (http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/hida-scan/MY00320) revealed the problem. Since then its kinda been like walking on egg shells making sure I don't get another attack again, no fun!
However the good thing is I feel even more motivated to eat healthier and maintain my portions. Eric and I have been trying to live leaner since the beginning of this year. At the first of our marriage I went crazy making yummy heavy meals and trying new recipes. I couldn't help it! I was excited to be a wife and be married to the love of my life! Finally Eric was like okay I love ya but maybe we can cut back on the heavy meals for a while and try to eat a lot lighter? haha
We have really researched healthier nutrition ideas and I have made all sorts of healthier versions of heavier meals and it has been a lot of fun. I thoroughly enjoy being healthy and eating healthy I just like to have my occasional "cheat" meal as Eric and I call it.
Here are some of the books and documentaries we highly recommend on clean and healthy living that have inspired us!
I put the Pinterest logo because it is a huge recipe finder for me. You can get an on-pouring of helpful tips and advice on cooking. Bad food or good. So I have been inspired with many recipes from there and some of the healthy ones have been super good.
Eric and I also started several months ago having a healthy shake in the morning too. They usually consist of water, flaxseed oil, aloe vera juice, acai berry juice, flax seeds, kale, spinach, berries, and some protein powder. Recently we began adding ginger and chlorophyll. The shakes are actually really yummy and have amazing benefits. Were addicted!
I am debating whether I just want to get my gallbladder taken out or try to live with it. The past couple weeks have sort have been testing grounds on what I should do. I have already met with a surgeon and she told me I am in a little bit of a grey area. I don't have to take it out now but I do run the risk of having another painful attack. Also there is the thought of getting pregnant. Gallbladder problems seem to amp up when your pregnant. The surgeon told me she thinks it has something to do with the hormones. So its a lot to think about and I am still deciding. We aren't thinking of getting pregnant for a bit but the thought of having another gallbladder attack isn't fun having hanging over your head either. But Until then more healthy eating with the occasional "small" portion of yummo fatty food. We will see how it goes...





Good for you guys! I could definitely be better about portion control. Thanks for inspiring me!
ReplyDelete