Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Whelp, I have made it through the whole month...almost..without another gallbladder attack thank goodness. I have had pain occasionally and nausea but no attacks. I did have a scheduled surgery for today but I cancelled it two weeks ago. For selfish reasons you could say! I have 3 races this summer (One complete: http://www.t3triathlon.com/race/timp-trail-marathon-a-half) and a trip to Hawaii coming up in July. I have heard that its not too much down time after surgery but getting back into the workout routine can be slow moving. So hopefully I made the right decision by not getting it now!
I have an appointment this Friday with a natural path doctor. He goal is to put me on herbs and supplements in order to heal the gallbladder from the inside. I have been told the gallbladder cannot be healed but hey its worth a try, at least to get me through the summer!
It already feels like summer in Utah. Despite a few rainy overcast days we have started to consistently be on a 65-75 degree streak. I will take it! So with summer here the outdoor work increases. Eric has been working hard on getting our lawn into tip top shape. With our sprinkler system working, the grass has been growing like a race horse! Were so thankful for our lawn mower our siblings got us for our wedding present last year!
Love this picture of Eric posing with our present at home depot.
Eric has also been spraying for weeds regularly and two weeks ago we began laying down sod in the back yard. Its coming along! Next year I would like to put in some garden boxes in the back yard and get our beds filled in the front yard. Here are some of my inspiration pictures I love...
The Front yard-


And the garden boxes in the backyard situated something like this...

Lots and lots of ideas. Exciting for next year! Eric is going to kill me! LOL j/k



2 comments:

  1. Yeah... our lawn is pretty much gonna look the same next year as it does this year :)... jk!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited to see it when I come next month!

    ReplyDelete