Anywhoo there are many eye sores around our home that I have just had to look the other way until I am able to fix the solution. Which most of the time includes buying baskets or other organizational products. I keep telling myself..one thing at a time..you will get to it.
Well I am pleased to say a few things have been organized around the house and it makes me so happy!
Most exciting element being the living room media console I painted a few months ago.With the help of my Mom!
Here it is below..
Originally came like this...
Sanding it down..my moms a pro :)
Then painted to this..(4-5 coats later!)
It was positioned right under the T.V. in the living room. Ughh hated the clutter! But now...
Baskets! I love it!
So little by little our home is becoming more and more clutter free. With the help of Eric's mother a couple weeks ago she helped sort one of our bedrooms that is basically just a modge podge of stuff including our sister Katie and husband Kenny's things. When they moved out last year they had to leave a few things behind because they only had two tiny cars to haul it all to Texas. So totally understandable! We have been storing the items and Eric's mother came and sorted through some of the things and took several items back with her to Texas. So slowly the room is downsizing but no rush. Its not like we have any furniture or anything to go in there! Haha so no worries. Baby steps I say.
In addition to the baskets this weekend I got a simple drawer organizer that was much needed for our bathroom. I saw the idea on Pinterest here..
I Like the idea of not having a toothbrush holder on the bathroom counter top. Makes it more clutter free. And I always forget to move the toothbrushes out of the way when I am spraying cleaner and so forth, yuck! There is probably so much Windex and hairspray on our toothbrushes...ewe
And..to Eric's dismay I got rid of the beautiful Texas flag toothbrush holder...
He actually seemed okay with parting with it haha. I am thankful he isnt too picky about our home decor. Hes awesome. Speaking of awesome. Eric worked long and hard with our friendly neighbor at getting our sprinkler system working!! Soo nice knowing we don't have to move around our little portable sprinkler inch by inch around the lawn. Yey!!! Now I may start planting things in the flower beds which will be nice. I would have planted them before but I am way to lazy and scatter brained to remember to water plants lol.
I told Eric I wanted to take a picture of him after his hard work in front of the sprinklers spraying for the blog but we ended up forgetting. But if we had his expression would have most likely been like this..
Haha hes just so hardcore tehee. I am so proud of him. If it weren't for him none of these big projects would ever get done!
Well that concludes the Lopez updates so far. Next weekend...UFC Fights! :)






No comments:
Post a Comment