This Friday is my day off and the Monday after its Columbus Day. So needless to say its going to be fantastic!
This last weekend Eric and I stayed very busy. Friday after work we played tennis with my brother and his girlfriend. We all had fun but Eric especially had an awesome time! He played tennis in high school so it was a blast in the past for him. I found out he is talented at yet ANOTHER thing! I am a lucky girl. I am sure there will be much more tennis games in the future.
After tennis we went out for sushi. The food was good but the service was not too great. But we were happy to get our much needed sushi fix.
Saturday was a whirlwind. Started by heading grocery shopping and to home depot. Eric decided to finish the much needed painting job in our master bedroom. It has consisted of patched up holes for quite some time from installing the t.v. and other little dings here and there. Eric did a fantastic job and you cant even tell where the holes were!
I worked on our front yard planter that has just been a sloppy mess. I've kinda let it do its own thing because I figured next year I will get going on more yard stuff. But I decided to get to work on it. I figure I can at least make it look presentable until I figure out what to do with it. So after unloading groceries Eric and I went to our separate projects and went to work!
Of course I have some before and after pics of mine..I forgot to take pictures of Eric painting.
Here is a picture of the weeds already racked up. I also had the dogs hanging out with me out front. They are my little helpers.:)
And here is after...
Not amazing or anything. But a much needed improvement. Some of the wood chips were gifted from Eric and I's mothers. It took 11 bags!! Eric and I took the second trip to Home Depot to get the additional 5 more bags. Geeze! But it was worth it.
I am so grateful to have two awesome Moms! My Mom is always really excited about the holidays and getting decorations up. I am too but...I have to remind my Mom, I cant buy everything all at once! So she decided she would get me started off with some fall decor.
Here is what adorns our front door porch right now. I have a few other things inside but of course I forgot to take pictures. Progress though I say!
I like that it can go with Halloween and Fall. Some time this week I will pick up some pumpkins to go with it. I will post more pics soon!
Looks great! I can't wait until we have a yard space. You inspire me to get to work on projects that I need to complete!
ReplyDelete