At the beginning of September I headed down to a training with my sister in law Kate in St George. The grant that I am partially funded by holds quarterly training's and they chose St George for their setting this time. So I talked the hubs into meeting me down there and we made a weekend out of it! We started on Friday with going fishing in a reservoir near St George. Eric went early in the morning then picked me up mid morning after my final training was done and we went together. Between the both of us we caught about 13 fish! Being only 3-4 for me haha. But it was a ton of fun! Here is a pic of what the fish look liked and the scenery. It reminded me of Lake Powell.
Then Friday night we met up with my Dad and went to dinner at the Black Bear Diner mmmm (http://blackbeardiner.com/) and then relaxed at the hotel. My Dad came down with my Brother to do a long ride to Zions from St George. Yea they are crazy like that!
Saturday morning we headed for Zions to hit some hikes and enjoy the scenery. It was way different from what I thought it was going to be. It was BEAUTIFUL dont get me wrong but very touristy and controlled. I am soo used to being free when I am hiking. But probably due to preserving the environment they make everyone park at a visitor's center and ride a shuttle to whatever hike you want. Its good and bad.
Good because you dont have to deal with parking at each hiking location. Bad because you feel like your at Disneyland and its very very hot! Lots of people crammed into little places! Sorry I am not a huge crowd person LOL. I also ended up getting a really really bad headache that makes me less tolerant to tourists I guess you could say:(
But other than the headache we took in all the scenery and Eric snapped a lot of photos. Here's my favorite ones I wanted to share.
After a long day of hiking we headed back to our hotel at the Cable Mountain Lodge(http://www.cablemountainlodge.com/). It was pretty nice. We were beat but decided to freshen up, grab a meal, and head to a movie. They have one movie theater in the town that features "Hollywood" movies as they called it in the evenings haha. We saw Bourne Legacy. It was pretty good!
The next morning we made our way back home. It was a nice little trip but it is always wonderful to get back home to your own bed!









No comments:
Post a Comment