Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Mice!

Now I consider myself an animal lover. I love all walks of life but when a wild animal decides to venture into my kitchen and share a few "snacks" I am NOT okay with it! LOL

About a month ago my cousin Jeffrey who was staying at our home spotted a wild mouse scurrying down the hallway. I was a little freaked to say the least! But Eric came to the rescue and within 10 minutes he had him trapped. What a man!
Well I thought that was over and done but Tuesday morning I had a little surprise in the kitchen. It was super early in the morning because I had to get into work earlier than usual. Sleepily I made my way to the kitchen for my morning medicine. The medicine I take is a homeopathic remedy to help heal my gallbladder. I have to hold it in my mouth for 1 minute to let it absorb into the blood stream. So I set the timer on the microwave and decide to start my morning smoothie. I go to grab the blender on the counter and....A mouse jumps out ! Scared me sooo bad! I tried to scream but realized I had to keep my mouth closed so what my friend Sherrie called it I demonstrated a Mime scream hahahaha! I then made my way to the bedroom in a panic waking Eric up to come to the rescue haha. He set a trap but we figured it was gone for the moment. Totally disgusted to say the least that a mouse had been having his way in the kitchen I told Eric when I got home from work I am gutting the entire kitchen till ever inch is bleached! I know I am a bit over dramatic but later found that pulling out the refrigerator and oven uncovered all sorts of little treasures..ewe. Eric was so sweet to help me after we both had a long day at work and ended up cleaning for two hours! 
We decided to close any holes they may be getting through in our kitchen so Eric stopped at home depot and got liquid foam and steel wool. Here is some pics of the adventure..
Eric trying to make me laugh through all the chaos

Clearing out the hole where the wiring is to get ready to fill

We wore masks because Mice can carry the Hantavirus. So needless to say we didn't want to take any risks!
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
Hantavirus is a life-threatning disease spread to humans by rodents that has symptoms similar to influenza. Symptoms: The early symptoms of hantavirusdisease are similar to the flu and include: Chills; Fever; Muscle aches ...
After sealing everything up and cleaning we got into bed exhausted. Sure enough SNAP caught the dang thing. It must have been hiding somewhere waiting to go back out. I am just glad its gone and no more can get in...FOR NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment