Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Bathroom Ceiling...Check!

Hey remember when I said back in..cough!.March....Ahem!... that we were going to get our bathroom ceiling painted (http://ericandrochellelopez.blogspot.com/2012/03/master-bathroom.html). Well we finally got it done last weekend!
Here's Eric getting the ceiling taped and ready to go!
Before: Yuck dark paint on the ceiling

After: Not perfect but much better!
Before: 
After:
After:
Yay! So glad we got that done :)
 I still have a few projects to do in the bathroom. I think my next item on the list will be to find a cupboard to fit in the corner of the room to hold all our towels.  Because we do not have any linen closets in our house! Right now I have this blue magazine holder (pic below). I don't like how wide it is in the space and the blue sorta blends in with the wall.
Here is a contender I have been thinking about....

But for now I am moving on to our bedroom to address the much needed extra storage space. I have been scrimping and saving for months to buy Eric and I identical dressers to put on either side of our bed. This will provide us a taller nightstand since our bed is ridiculously high and additional clothing storage. I have been stuffing multiple clothing items in to one drawer at a time and it is driving me crazy! 
Here's what nightstands we currently have..(before they got painted black)
So this Friday my Mom and I are going to start looking around. I am sooo excited!
I know I am looking for a dresser that has two to three small drawers at the top to provide storage for reading books and other eclectic items that make their way to the nightstand. But then the others can be used for sock storage, etc and the bottom large drawers..I'm not sure yet..
Here is some ones I have been looking at online but I'm sure it will be a whole different ball game when I begin looking in the stores!
Pottery Barn
Pottery Barn

Pottery Barn
Crate and Barrel


My overall goal is to get a bedroom that feels light & airy, beachy but comfortable. Sorta like these..
Light..

Airy...
Beachy..

Comfortable...

Baby steps I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment