Monday, June 6, 2011

Home Renovations!

Needless to say I am so thrilled to be moving into a home. Eric did an amazing job at picking the perfect home a little over a year ago in an awesome location (with the help of Katie). The neighbors are super nice and the environment is very laid back. Our (my future home :D) home is located in Lehi and is far enough from the busyness to create a small town sort of atmosphere, I love it!
I am way excited to decorate and make it our comfortable environment away from the world. A home to me is somewhere where you feel like you can relax but also reflects your personal style.
Eric has been so kind to let me start decorating and begin creating this atmosphere for us. Soo.. I have attached the beginning of my before and after photos for all of you too see!

*Please excuse the messiness in the photos!*

So these pics above are from the master bedroom. Eric and I moved his bed to this location in the room recently between the two windows which I felt was a nice fit. A few weeks after that I bought a bedspread and then last weekend we put the bed on cinder blocks. Haha I know cinder blocks seems a bit extreme but its for my precious Duke (my dog). Duke insists on sleeping under my bed at night but unfortunately Eric's bed wasn't tall enough so hence the cinder blocks :) Pics below

haha I wish I put the comforter on straight!

Much..much higher!

And for those of you who dont know Duke...here's some pics :)



I am now working on painting Eric's end table/night stands so I will be posting pics soon!

3 comments:

  1. Fun stuff. I've been married for over 4 years and have yet to catch the "decorating bug". Maybe I need to watch more HGTV! Or maybe I'll get more motivated once we're not living in apartments anymore :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love HGTV! Yes I think the deocrating bug for me comes in phases. But for now it is in full effect haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be so embarrassed it anyone found out how much HGTV I watch!! After living with the 'rents for a year I am desperate to have our own space!! Haha! Duke is a very lucky dog!

    ReplyDelete