Thursday, December 13, 2012

Holidays and Trips!

Sometimes I wish the Holidays were spread out a bit more. Thanksgiving in August than Halloween the same and Christmas the same. Then I wouldn't feel like it flies by soo fast! But maybe that's life, time just flies. 
November 1st we went to Oahu. It was a quick trip but a lot of fun. Highlights would be shopping on Friday while Eric had his business meeting, going to the beach, going to Pearl Harbor and the Polynesian Culture Center and eating at one of the best steak houses ever!
Eric and I love looking at Ocean photography

Very pricey shops in downtown Honolulu. Way above my pay grade of course!
Pearl Harbor boat tour

 Pearl Harbor boat tour
Pearl Harbor boat tour
The Polynesian Culture Center show was A-Mazing! So worth the money

Here is a pic of Eric enjoying his rare dry aged steak haha. I dont like rare but dry aged is soooo good! Its called D.K. Steakhouse in downtown Honolulu. 

When we got back late Sunday night it was right back into the work routine! I didnt really catch up on sleep that week...Meh what can you do. The end of November we celebrated Thanksgiving and my bday. Thanksgiving was fun because Jeremy and Katie came to stay with us. We all were a bit lazy and did some much needed laying around. It was awesome! Eric did take Jeremy and Katie out fishing one morning but they almost froze to death haha Poor Jeremy and Katie, not used to this cold weather!
Thanksgiving was a crazy day. I could not have gotten through it without Katie. We cooked up a storm! I didnt have to do the Turkey thank goodness. My Mom cooked it the day before. She had to work all day at the hospital. My Mom was super excited about a recent kitchen renovation they had and wanted to have it at her house. It turned out really well.
December 10th...a monumental day. Eric's 30th bday! He made silly cracks about him getting old and undesirable. But little does he know he is just going to look better with age. I will soon start to shrivel up and develop age spots and relief society arms. Ughhhh, guess that's life!
For his birthday we went to Seattle for a UFC fight. It was sooo much fun. Seattle is a cool town. I loved walking around and enjoying the scenery, but hated the cold. I was warned about the humidity cutting through your clothes but failed to really listen unfortunately. I ended up wearing one of Eric's big coats and was still cold! Oh well.....I was able to warm up with LOTS of hot chocolate haha. 
We saw tons of fun sights such as the Zoo, Aquarium, EMP Museum, Pikes Market Place and the Space Needle. My favorite was the Zoo because I got to experience my first live in the flesh visit with wolves ever! Being how I loooove wolves you would think I would have taken a trip up to our local zoo to see them there but I never have. I actually have never been to our local Zoo. Probably because it will pale in comparison to the one I grew up at. The one and only San Diego Zoo! It was fun to see them and I would have watched them all day if I was by myself haha...and had more time. I could tell Eric was really excited for me but I didnt want to make him sit there longer than 20 minutes haha. 
Seattle had a ton of yummy food to offer. I have to say we stuffed ourselves. I told Eric I am getting on a healthy routine when we get back!One of the favorite food spots we visited was this place called Portage Bay. It is hip organic and fresh food restaurant. Eric said it was where all the cool kids hung out haha. So we felt kinda cool for a minute.
My favorite part of the trip was the UFC fight. My first ever! It was a lot of fun. And the events leading up to it such as the press conference and weigh ins. Its a cool experience all around. Eric and I were able to meet Dana White and Nick Diaz out side of one of the buildings which was dumb luck! We caught them at different times coming and going. I felt a little like a silly mega-fan but I loved it.
Here is a few pics UFC and other adventures...
 Bj Penn
 Nate Diaz
BJ Penn at the weigh ins
 Eric and I anxiously waiting for the fights to start
 At the Zoo on a extra cold day!
 My beloved wolves

Aquarium :)
 Pikes market place
 Out walking around and found this "classy" suit store LOL
 Space Needle
 EMP Music Museum
 EMP Music Museum guitar tower







No comments:

Post a Comment