Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Forever Project... Master bedroom and bath

A little before Eric and I got married I started spinning up ideas on how to put together the master bedroom and bath to make it our own stylish, and most of all, comfortable space to escape to. As all of you know Eric and I are forever beach bums. We love the ocean and the warm weather so I thought it fitting to stream that feel into our home. Now don't get me wrong I am still a Utah mountain girl as well but there is something about a light and airy beachy feel of the home that screams comfort and peace to me. So I began looking for ideas for the master bedroom and heres what I have been working from to give you all a picture..
The Master Bedroom....






The color scheme is a light blue, tan, white...and maybe a touch of red. I would like to use a lot of woods with a rustic antique white finish. I have some beautiful barn wood frames I will be using like the ones pictured above, very beach rustic :). 
Its hard to tell right now but there has been significant changes in the bedroom decor already. For starters Eric and I moved around a few things including the bed. The bed now sits between two smaller windows. I painted two nightstands a few months ago in black to put on either side. I am going to end up putting the black end tables in the upstairs bedroom when I buy some new ones. I also temporarily have a tall black armoire for extra clothing storage. I feel like I have no clothes yet our closet and drawers are packed to the max! I have a small light blue painted dresser near the foot of the bed that Eric is using for his clothing.
Here is some before and present photos for you to get a picture. The before isnt the actually beginning before, this is after we moved the original bed in between the windows. I couldn't find one where the bed used to be in front of the large window.
Before

Before
Present 

Present

Present

Present

Present


Last week Eric with the help of my dad put up the iron curtain rods. I have also bought curtains but my Mom is helping me attach blackout curtain material to all of them. Two panels of the curtains have been finished and are hanging in the present photo. Of course you can notice the big new bed in the present photo. Eric and I were soo excited when we bought this. Super comfortable and relaxing. The bed is actually on stilts because of my silliness in letting Duke sleep under the bed. Its his favorite little spot, I know I am ridiculous. I bought a new comforter and bed skirt but am still working on pillows and sheets. We also got a new tv after Christmas. I loooove it. Nothing better after a long day then getting cozy in your bed and relaxing to the tube. The tv is a smart tv so were able to stream Netflix and watch movies and shows in our room. Love it!
So as you can see its a constant process but I love planning and working on the little details. And I am grateful for Eric and his patience for all my little "projects" he gets subjected to hahaha 
We have done some work on the bathroom so I will be sure to post that next since my blog posts tend to get lengthy lol so more to come!
A little preview...here is the next item I am having added to our bedroom...cant wait!
Antique white wooden shelf to go over bed


No comments:

Post a Comment