Sunday, October 9, 2011

September

Hey all! I love how I can title post's as months since it takes me a month to write the next! haha I will try to be better at that. September was a good month. On the 20th Eric and I met our 1 year mark! Hard to believe that we met so long ago. Time has flown by! It has really been a blast to now be married and living together. We're going on about 2 1/2 months.
September was a bit of a stressful month for me. I had to renew my grant that I have at work(VAWA). It is a very tedious and long process. It was my 2nd time around and I feel like I learned a little bit more about the process and feel a little more confident in the year ahead. All being said though, it kicked my butt! Luckily I have Eric to help me. He keeps me sane :)
Since I was a bit overwhelmed at work weekends usually consisted of catching up on sleep and relaxation. Eric had also been extremely busy finishing out his quarter at work.
Thinking back on the month there was a lot of exciting things we were able to do. At the first of the month Eric and I decided to take a 2nd honeymoon since our last was a little short. We stayed at the Park City Hotel. I looove this place, so beautiful. The hotel is tucked away in the mountains of Park City near the ski resort.
Our room
 The front view of hotel


Its a perfect vacation for the warm months when the atmosphere is so green. We indulged in lots of food and laying around. My favorite part would definitely be when we stopped by the Sheep Dog Festival.
For those of you who aren't aware the sheep dog festival runs every labor day weekend during Swiss days in Heber. Border collies come from all over the world to compete in a sheepdog competition that consists of the dog and owner working together to heard sheep, its very fascinating. I took Eric for his first time and he seemed to enjoy it. They also have other events going on such as dog shows, shopping, and splash dogs (Eric's favorite). Splash dogs is a lot of fun to watch. Different breeds compete in jumping the farthest in a above ground pool. The owner will guide their dog up on a dock and throw a toy into the pool in order to get their dog to leap in after it. The farthest we saw that day was 26ft!
Later during the September month I got my social security changed to Lopez. Pretty exciting! Well maybe not to most but to me it is! And I am glad to say the haunting stories of waiting at the social security office for hours did not happen to me thankfully.
On one of my Friday's off during the month my Mom, Duke and I adventured up the Timpanogos trail. We attempted to hike to the top being it has been a goal of ours for long but we didn't quite make it. embarrassed to say I was the one not feeling quite up to it. I wasn't feeling that great. But we still made it farther than I have ever been. And I know Duke at least appreciated being in his element. I feel bad because lately I haven't been able to take him on his usual hikes and runs. Too busy!



Many other fun things happened throughout the rest of the month. Eric and I watched the Evans vs Jones fight, of course! Which included lots of wings and Wingnutz Sports Bar. My little brother Brett and a couple friends accompanied us which was fun.
Triple Berry Cobbler
I made several desserts over the course of the month. I have been sort of on a cooking spree lately, I blame Pinterest!
And of course we worked on a few projects. My favorite being our bathroom. It was a dark charcoal brown before and we painted it a light blue. It ended up being a few day project but well worth it. I dont have pics uploaded now but I will try to get up the before and after soon.
Anyway thats the latest for the Lopez family. Hope to catch up with the the first week of October soon! 

3 comments:

  1. Yay! What a great post. That sheepdog festival looks so fun! Dallin and I just watched the movie "Babe" on Netflix the other night. Were there any sheep-herding pigs in the competition?? :) I can't wait to see the bathroom pictures. Hope you have a great October!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting all this stuff! Lets do another! (And by that I mean you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time for another blogpost, Rochelle! How was October?

    ReplyDelete